Sunday, February 24, 2013

"Finding Max" Part Two


Seeing the story of my family in print is nothing but surreal. Having our images plastered on the Sunday edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is truly odd, a sensation I can’t say I’m totally used to.


Yet, writing a Cliff’s Notes-style account of the unorthodox sprouting and growth of our brood has certainly been the most difficult part. Deciding what to include, wading through the tough stuff and attempting to tell a story that flows smoothly, and remains honest, compelling, informative and entertaining was no easy task.

The end result, however, has me swimming in an attitude of gratitude. I’m grateful to have this amazing family, one that’s anchored down by the love of my life. I’m grateful to have three fantastically unique kids who each inspire me everyday. And I’m grateful to be surrounded by unwavering support from remarkable parents, siblings, extended family, friends and editors.

I’ve been working on a book about this experience, and I’m currently at the halfway point. My goal is to see it published, and I hope it happens. But I can honestly say that if I walk away with this two-part article as a love letter to my family, and if someone is inspired to adopt a child after reading our story, then I’ve already won.

I may still be clipping coupons, but I’ve most definitely hit the lottery with my wife and kids. I’m a rich man.

Here’s Part One of “Finding Max”: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/finding-max-part-1/nWQQ2/

Here’s Part Two of “Finding Max”: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/finding-max/nWWdq/

No comments:

Post a Comment