Monday, August 6, 2012

The Elvis Blog Has Entered The Building


Elvis Week, the biggest Elvis celebration on earth, is gearing up in Memphis. Beginning Friday I’ll be blogging about it daily through August 19 on Elvis.com. I’ll be kicking back in the Jungle Room, getting all shook up at the FedEx Forum, and rocking and rolling all over the River City. 

Here’s a link to the site:


I posted an introductory blog today, and that’s where I’ll be recapping my daily adventures throughout Elvis Week.

Among the slew of killer events is the Elvis 35th Anniversary Concert at the FedEx Forum. It’s the closest thing to seeing him in concert as Elvis returns to the stage on giant video screens. The King croons and many of his former bandmates perform live right along with him. Lisa Marie Presley and her mom, Priscilla will be in the house, too. I saw the 30th Anniversary Concert, and it was absolutely amazing. It gave me chill bumps on top of my chill bumps.

Here's a shot I took at the show:



Here’s a trailer for the 25th Anniversary version:


- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment